Home

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Another Week Done

This week has been jammed pack with homework, sports, and fun.

Soccer practice started on Tuesday and Thursday from 5-6. Fun stuff. We were a little rough during practice, but that is expected seeing it was the first time playing together. Thursday night was exciting. I had practice with the Hurricanes, and at 8:15-9:15 played my first rec soccer game! We are the Hot Koolades. We did played amazingly well together, especially for never practicing. We won 1-0 off of a double header goal. Awesome!

Right after winning with the Hot Koolades, I played another game with our YSA ward, the Bangaragatangs. The team is half experienced payers, and half newbies. We lost 0-4, but in our defense the other team was mostly guys and ours mostly girls (not that that is an excuse). The guys on the other team were huge. They bulldozed our players. I knocked one of the guys flat on his back. That was funny. The other team couldn't believe their best player could be knocked down by a little girl. That was the best part of the game.

Anyways, Friday night we had a Hurricane dinner at our coaches' apartment. We ate, talked, and bonded. It was a ton of fun. We got our warm up jerseys too. There were only two small jerseys. Half of our team wanted the smalls. So they let the two smallest get the smalls: My roommate Jessica and I. Thank goodness! Even the small was too big, so just imagine a medium on us.

Saturday started our Hurricane season. We had a tournament, playing 5 games total. Our coach, Alisha, was in Utah, so Kelsey our assistant coach and fellow teammate took charge. We started playing at 2. Each game is 20 minutes long; 10 minute halves without a half time. We also did not have subs. We lost our first game 0-1. We found out our formation wasn't working, so we tweaked it for the rest of our games. The next four games were back to back, starting at 2:40 and going till 4. We won the first 3, a lot to nothing. We tied our final game 0-0. We might up winning the season, you never know. Winners get a special BYUI sports shirt. That would be awesome!

After the tournament I started walking home. I saw a bunch of people practicing on the other field, and realized it was the Hot Koolades. They called me over to practice. I was so tired from playing 5 straight games, but I joined them anyways. We ended up scrimaging another group. We decided we would stop at the first to 3. We ended up losing 2-3. Oh well. That took up another hour. I was definently pooped after that.

I finally got home at 5:15. That was a lot of soccer. After showering and eating food, Megan and I watched the Relief Society Broadcast on our laptop. We were too tired to get dressed up and go down to the BYUI Center (BYUIC). I was so tired I ended up falling asleep half way through. Oops.

Anyways, that was about it. Nothing much happened today, Sunday, except church. I guess that's it..... until next time!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment