Home

Sunday, September 16, 2012

First Week of College Completed!

Classes started on the 10th here at BYUI. It has been pretty exciting. I like all my classes, and pretty much all my teachers are great. I have Book of Mormon, Writing Foundations, American Foundations, Art 101, Art 117 Design and Color, and Art 110 Drawing. I love all my art classes. Art 117 and Art 110 are both online. I have never taken an online class before, but so far so good.

As of now the weather isn't bad. It is a bit chilly in the morning, but warms up in the afternoon. I am super excited for snow. People think I am crazy, but I really, really, really want the sky to dump snow everywhere.

I have met a bunch of people from all around the country. Our ward alone represents 40 something states and I think 3 countries. It is pretty weird going to a YSA ward. It is so quiet. No babies crying or screaming toddlers. It is pretty interesting.

The weekend before classes started we were put into I Teams. Our team is definitely the BEST. We still hang out throughout the week, going to devotionals, watching movies, and playing night games. Fun, fun, fun.

Megan and I are having fun cooking too. It is funny to see how even when following a recipe, the final meal looks completely different than the way Mom cooks it at home. We are still alive, despite our cooking mishaps none the less.

 Anyways, I think that is about it. Here are a few pics ( we are horrible at taking pictures).

Delicious "Aunt Ali's Meatballs" we made last night for dinner.

Me enjoying our first actual meal.

Megan chomping down on her food.

My first college drawing assignment!

1 comment:

  1. Can y'all come on over here and cook for me....Mine never looks that good!!! The drawing was FANTASTIC!!! Love ya!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete