Home

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Still Loving it in Rexburg!

The weather is still pretty nice. The weather says we are going to have thunder storms and rain showers tomorrow, but we'll see. I still want snow! I want to make a snowman and throw snowballs.

This week has been packed! I went to a sports meeting on Tuesday to get signed up for soccer tryouts. BYUI does sports differently. They are all in school competitive, or recreational teams. There are 6 woman's soccer teams to tryout for. At first I didn't know if I wanted to play, I will have homework to do and tests to study for, but I decided if I could play soccer in high school and still get good grades, I can do it again in college. So I went to tryouts on Thursday from 5-7:30. It was pretty fun. One of my roommates, Jessica, tried out too. After we finished we were told to return to tryouts again tomorrow at 7:30-9:30, and again on Saturday morning at 10. We didn't have to return if we got a drafting call from a coach.

 Right after Thursday's tryouts Megan texted me saying I had to meet with Bishop Sweet ASAP. I forgot!!! I was supposed to meet with him at 6:30. I had to run to the Hinkley building. I was in my soccer clothes, all sweaty. As I walked into the building everyone looked at me funny. We aren't supposed to wear shorts on campus, it is part of the dress code. Oops. I ended up meeting with Brother Smith. He gave me a calling. I am now a greeter for church. YES!!! No teaching!!!! So after the meeting I went back home and showered.

I didn't get a call from a coach, so at 7:10 on Thursday I left for soccer tryouts. I was running late. It takes about 20 minutes to walk to the 4-plex (soccer and baseball  fields down the hill from the Temple). I still had to get there and put on my cleats. Then I remembered I left my tryout number at home, so I had to turn around and grab it. Now I was really late. I had to run to tryouts. Luckily I made it with time to put my gear on, and catch my breath.

Tryouts went great. We did some basic drills: short-short-longs, possession, 2 v 2 tournaments, and corner kicks, finishing off with a scrimmage and shooting drill. One of the coaches stopped to talk to me. She wanted to know my name and what position I play. I play left wing midfield. So maybe I will get drafted, maybe not. We will see.

Saturday morning I was getting ready to go to soccer tryouts (I never got a call) when I decided to check my school email. The first email in my inbox was from the coach I talked to. I was drafted!!!! I am now a member of the Lady Hurricanes soccer team. I was so excited!!!

So now I didn't have to go to tryouts. Instead I looked up housing for next semester. Megan and I decided to save some money by staying at Aspen Village. The kitchen is only a one butt kitchen, but the bedrooms are bigger than the dorms. We also liked Birch Wood 1, but it is almost $200 more. The rooms and kitchen are bigger than Aspen, but you share an apartment with a total of 6 girls. Plus Birch Wood is near a burn zone or something, because it was all smoky there. And they don't have grass. I want to be able to make a snowman on the grass in the winter.

Yep. That is it I guess. Tomorrow, Monday, we will sign a housing contract for Aspen Village. We also happen to have Family Home Evening over there at the guys dorm. It should be fun, we are playing get to know you games. Anyways, yeah I think that's it.

Here are some pictures from this week:

Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Shake: 2 frozen bananas, 1 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder (we used Nesquik), 1c milk, 1 Tbsp maple syrup, 1 heaping Tbsp peanut butter. Blend together. Enjoy!

We made pretzels yesterday!  They are yummy. We didn't actually make pretzels I guess, just mini pretzel rolls.
You can't really see, but Megan got hit by sprinklers on the way to class. It looked like she wet her pants.

This was actually last week. I made peanut butter cookies. The first pan burned. It was sad. Luckily they didn't taste burned.

The second pan was perfect!

Last Sunday we decided to make tortillas. We don't have a rolling pin, so we used a cup.

They turned out all lopsided, but tasted fantastic!

Clean Checks are every Wednesday at 1. This was taken Wednesday at 12:45. We ended up getting a 100% YES!!!

This is our friend the squirrel. We keep our window open all day, to let in a cool breeze. One day Megan walked into our room and saw this little guy climbing on our screen. It jumped off before she could take a picture. We still need to think of a name for him. 



That is all for now! Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment